Here’s what made my list, in no particular order…
1. Take more bubble baths (potentially wearing a tiara, because really who doesn’t love feeling like a princess?).
2. Dance. Every day. Even if it’s just a booty shake while I brush my teeth!
3. Listen to live music at least once a month. There are so many cool music venues in DC and I have no excuse not to enjoy them!
4. Workout at least four days a week. I heart endorphins. Enough said.
5. Think of three things I am grateful for each night before I go to bed. I read a quote recently that said, “developing an attitude of gratitude is the only path to true fulfillment.” Corny? Perhaps. But I couldn’t agree more.
6. Do more “outdoorsy” things (aka. hiking, camping, kayaking, etc). I always love spending time in nature but I need to make more of an effort to build it into my schedule.
7. Read something inspirational every day (if you want to add this to your list and need some advice, check out some of the blogs I follow!). Also enjoy more solo excursions to Borders (I really do have an unhealthy obsession with bookstores…).
8. Get more professional massages (Don’t ever let anyone tell you this is a frivolous waste of your money. They are wrong!). And on this general topic, spend more of my money on experiences rather than things.
9. Be better at keeping in touch with friends (and siblings!) who live far away. My closest friends (you know who you are!) mean the world to me. As tough as it can be to make the time and play phone tag, it is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS worth it. Friends are everything.
10. Write in this blog once a week (NO EXCUSES!). On that note, take a writing class or join a writers group. Continue to take baby steps toward my ultimate goal of writing a bestselling novel.
11. Go to sleep earlier during the week and wake up a half an hour earlier each morning to write in my journal.
12. Find a community service project in DC that I enjoy and do it regularly.
13. More quality time with Pablo (I love you Becky!! J).
14. Plan more fun (and off the beaten path) outings with friends.
15. Learn to use my super duper really sweet camera and take more pictures. Be “that girl” who’s always snapping away.
16. Take steps toward launching “The Pursuit of Fabulous” with my incredible sister, Lindsay. More info on this to come.
17. And maybe while I’m at it I’ll eat more vegetables, floss regularly, give up chocolate icing binges once and for all, and be more punctual! (These make the list every year but a girl can dream…)
What are your resolutions for 2011?