A roundup of things that made me happy this week…
* Lounging by the pool all weekend. I officially have tan lines!
* Exploring Columbia Heights on Saturday. Such a diverse and lively area of DC!
* Ordering creatively named menu items at restaurants. Today I ate a “Boom Boom Shrimp” for lunch and the name alone put a smile on my face.
* Receiving adorable paper party invitations in the mail. I’ve begun saving them to post on my bulletin board for inspiration.
* Reading These tips for remembering people’s names posted by The Classy Career Girl. So useful!
* Getting inspired by Pretty Young Professional’s 5 Ways to Pursue an Unconventional Career.
* Brunching (verb?) on the lovely back patio of Puro Cafe in Georgetown on Sunday. Fantastic company, delicious food, and perfect ambiance made for a lovely experience.
* Eating free cake at work 🙂
* Stumbling upon this extremely inspirational quote:
“Your journey has molded you for the greater good. It was exactly what it needed to be. Don’t think you’ve lost time. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.
*Watching Jersey Shore reruns on the elliptical…I feel like the healthiness of working out cancels out any brain cells lost…
* Lusting over this adorably feminine lacy pink dress that I cannot afford!
* Getting excited to try out this reflexology map. I am a big believer in the power of massage to de-stress and maintain health.
* Researching for my upcoming trip to India this October. I’ve decided to spend half my time traveling and sightseeing and the other half doing a yoga retreat at an ashram (how Eat Pray Love of me, right?). So excited!!
What did you love this week?